As the 2015-2016 academic year concludes, the Department of Music recognized students for their academic and performance accomplishments. At the University's Academic Honors Convocation on April 24, outstanding academic students from each Department were recognized including the following music students:
Hannah Wise, Sophomore Academic Award
- Abigail Brady, Junior Academic Award
- Rachel Crow, Senior Academic Award
- The Ohio Collegiate Music Educators Association (OCMEA) Leadership Award to Hannah Wise, Rachel Crow, Jaylynn Buchmelter, Jessie Barnhouse and Jacob Poiner
- The Zach Spier Memorial Award for outstanding contribution from a non-music major to Emily Sparks and Alexandria Sandwisch
- Most Improved Music Major to Jessica Barnhouse
- Outstanding Student Teacher to Shayne Smith
- Outstanding Performer to Emily Minns and Jaylynn Buchmelter
- Outstanding Music Major to Hannah Phillips.
Fatima Imani Smith (not pictured).